INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL 2021 live and virtual from New York
VIRTUAL INDIGENOUS FESTIVAL
During the celebration of Earth Week in NYC.
1. IMMIGRANT HERITAGE WEEK: a 5 minute excerpt on April 15th at 7pm
2. QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY: 1 hour on April 20th at 7pm
3. BAAD: 1 hour on April 22nd at 7pm
4. THEATER FOR THE NEW CITY: 1 hour on April 23rd at 6pm
4. TERRAZA 7: 1 hour on April 24th at 4:30pm
A one hour pre-recorded compilation of Indigenous artists from all over America composed of slots from 5 to 8 minutes.
The participants belong to Indigenous tribes in the US as: Blackfeet from Colorado (4), Hopi/ Navajo from South Carolina(1), Mexicha from California (3).
From South America, Colombia: Wayuu from La Waijiira, Yanacona from Cauca (5) and the children Indigenous orchestra Embera from Antioquia (20)
From Argentina: composer Juan Namancura, Mapuche.
Plus 3 different Indigenous dance companies with a amazing scenic video work, sound, choreography and lighting: Dancing Earth, directed by Rulan Tangen (Metis) from New Mexico, Coopdanza, Inc/Colombia and Pies del Sol Dance Theater in collaboration with Mexican composer Gabriela Ortiz interpreted by Quartet Q Arte, inspired on Pastos Culture from Nariño from Colombia.
Participants are all ages, from 6 years old to adults.
LIVE FESTIVAL IN 3 BOROUGHS IN NEW YORK
1. THEATER FOR THE NEW CITY: On April 22nd at 7:30 pm
2. TERRAZA 7 IN QUEENS: On April 24th at 5:30pm
3. BAAD IN THE BRONX: VIA ZOOM on April 25th at 3PM
We will be alternating and jamming together: William Ruiz, Percussionist (Taino), Native Electric: Emilio Zef China and Kris Pierce with John Scott Richardson (Haliwa-Saponi /Tuscarora lineage) and Patrick Little Wolf Brooks (Tuscarora), as well as Coop Danza's Contemporary dancers: Lorena Jaramillo and Darina Eid Harasic. Live music, spoken word and traditional dancing: Men’s Traditional, War and Eastern War styles, educational demonstration about dance styles, and explanation of the regalia symbolism.